TSP.gov is a portal for Thrift Savings Plan. Through TSP.gov United States civil service employees can get access and manage their federal retirement plans. Thrift Savings Plan closely resembles 401(k) and Roth 401k and is designed specially to fulfill requirements of federal employees and members of the uniformed services, including the Ready Reserve.
On TSP.gov federal employees has access to the following features:
- View details of TSP account
- Make or change contribution allocations
- Complete interfund transfers
- Designate beneficiaries
In order to login to TSP.gov you have to be either participant of Thrift Savings Plan or be a beneficiary of a participant.
To prevent phishing attacks and avoid identity theft, make sure that you are accessing TSP on https://tsp.gov web page. Avoid clicking URLs in your e-mail or on web pages. It is typically much safer to type URL yourself into browser address bar. You can just type https://tsp.gov and it will redirect you to the right Thrift Savings Plan login page. If you’re not sure if the site that you navigated to is Thrift Savings Plan website, you can check its SSL certificate and verify with the one that we got below. By verifying SSL certificate you can avoid a significant number of phishing attacks.
TSP.gov Login Process
Below is a list of steps on how to login to your TSP.gov Thrift Savings Plan account.
- Make sure that you are accessing TSP.gov from a secure computer. Accessing this data from public or insecure computer may result in unauthorized access to your data
- Navigate to tsp.gov
- In the left top corner of the screen you will see “MY ACCOUNT” login box.
- Type your TSP account number into “TSP Account” field. TSP account number is the 13-digit number that the TSP assigns to a participant to identify his or her TSP account.
- Type your password into password field
- Click on “Log in” button below to access your data
TSP Support Contact Details
- Visit https://www.tsp.gov – TSP.gov portal home page
- Call toll-free ThriftLine at 1-TSP-YOU-FRST or 1-877-968-3778. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Eastern time.
- International callers unable to use toll-free number should call (404) 233-4400. This number is not toll-free.